NHS Staff Survey 2021
The results are in...
Last year we invited all our staff to complete the National NHS Staff Survey 2021 to provide feedback on NCH&C. It is one of the best ways for our staff to share their views about their job, the organisation and the NHS. Thank you to the 1,407 people who took part in the survey, representing 61% of the organisation – our highest ever response rate!
The survey results were released today, Thursday Wednesday 30 March, and show:
- The trust is scoring above average by 0.1 for the following People Promise elements:
- We are compassionate and inclusive
- We are recognised and rewarded
- The trust is scoring average in the following five People Promise elements:
- We each have a voice that counts
- We are safe and healthy
- We are always learning
- We work flexibly
- We are a team
- The trust is above average for staff reporting that the organisation takes positive action on health and wellbeing. There has been a reduction in people experiencing MSK problems as a result of work.
- More staff feel there are opportunities for flexible working.
- More staff feel that they can be involved in changes that affect their area of work.
- The results show that staff feel improvements could be made in people being understanding and kind to each other and treating each other with respect.
- The feedback highlights the critical role line managers and leaders play in staff feeling safe, healthy, recognised and rewarded.
NCH&C’s CEO, Stephen Collman, said:
“I’d like to thank everyone who took the time, in an already busy period, to complete the NHS Staff Survey. Only by gaining your feedback can we implement improvements to your working experience.
“We are pleased that 8 out of 10 people have told us that the care of patients is our organisation’s top priority, and 9 out of 10 people feel their role makes a difference to patients. Our people are vital to providing high quality patient services, and so NCH&C will be focusing on creating a positive and fulfilling work experience to retain our highly skilled and valuable people, whilst attracting new people to join us. Prioritising the health and wellbeing of our staff and ensuring NCH&C is a place where people feel able to be themselves and work alongside colleagues in a compassionate and inclusive environment is our ambition.
“We will be addressing all areas of concern to ensure that our staff and patients have the right level of support in place.”
Full survey results can be found here: