Admin & reception roles at Norfolk Community Health & Care
We’re hiring to our NHS admin and reception teams in Norfolk!
The NHS relies on admin staff to make sure everything runs smoothly. You’ll help coordinate our busy clinical teams, making sure they meet the needs of our patients.
An admin job at NCH&C is incredibly varied and rewarding – no two days are the same! Click here to read about some of the different admin roles at NCH&C and how staff have been able to progress in their careers or flex their roles at different points of their careers.
All our admin jobs are different, but some of your responsibilities may include…
- Answering the phone and placing calls
- Booking appointments
- Giving patients advice, directions, and instructions
- Inputting data
- Keeping records up to date
- Typing letters
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Producing, maintaining and distributing documents
- Photocopying, scanning, emailing, faxing, distributing, filing and organising documents
- Opening, date-stamping, sorting, and distributing incoming mail
In return, we offer a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, as well as an NHS pension. NHS staff are also eligible for a wide range of offers and discounts at many national retailers and organisations.
NCH&C is committed to developing its workforce, so we offer training and CPD for all staff, as well as lots of opportunities for career progression. We are also dedicated to supporting staff wellbeing. Read more about the trust’s wellbeing priorities here.
We regularly recruit for NHS admin and receptionist roles in Norwich, King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth, Thetford and other regions in Norfolk. we have more than 200 staff working in admin and reception roles so there is plenty of roles in lots of different teams!
NHS admin jobs: skills and qualifications
Although you don’t need any specific qualifications to work in NHS admin, you will need the following skills…
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Confident using IT and Microsoft Office
- Friendly and polite
- Good communication skills
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Previous healthcare experience desirable but not essential
Our admin vacancies include:
- Admin assistant
- Ward clerk
We’re always looking for receptionists and admin assistants to join our Outstanding community NHS trust. Click here to find current vacancies at NCH&C.
Case study: Aaron, Admin Assistant
“I enjoy my current role which involves supporting and planning of training and would like to stay in an admin role, while working my way up the career ladder at NCH&C.”