Healthcare Assistant jobs at Norfolk Community Health & Care
We’re hiring Healthcare Assistants in Norfolk!
Healthcare Assistants play a vital role at NCH&C and the wider NHS.
Our Healthcare Assistants spend most of their time with patients, making sure their care is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. An HCA job is a great entry-point into an NHS career – many of our Healthcare Assistants go on to complete further training to develop their skills and further their career.
Current Healthcare Assistant vacancies…
Our HCA roles vary depending on the type of area you work in. For example, working as a healthcare assistant on a ward is very different to working as an HCA in the community. Some of your responsibilities may include…
- Helping patients wash and dress
- Supporting at mealtimes
- Making and changing beds
- Taking basic observations, such as temperatures, pulse, respirations, and weight
- Keeping patients comfortable and safe
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living whilst encouraging independence
- Maintaining good relationships with patients, carers, and relatives.
In return, NCH&C offers healthcare assistants a competitive salary, pension, and annual leave allowance. We also have a dedicated staff wellbeing strategy to ensure we help staff to stay happy and healthy, both in and out of work.
NHS HCA jobs: skills and qualifications
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics
- Compassionate and patient
- Good communication skills
- IT and computer skills
- Able to work well in a team and independently
- Previous care experience is essential
- NVQ Healthcare Qualification or Care Certificate is desirable, but not essential
- Willingness to learn more!
We’re always hiring for healthcare assistant vacancies across Norfolk.
Case study: Yasmin, HCA Apprentice
“I have now started a new job as a Community Healthcare Assistant Band 3, which I absolutely love. I feel more confident in myself and my nursing practice now that I have had experience working on the ward. I am still learning a lot and would like to complete another NVQ to help my career progression and my personal development.”