Nursing Jobs at Norfolk Community Health & Care
We’re hiring Nurses in Norfolk!
We’re looking for nurses to join our Outstanding community healthcare trust.
Our nursing roles are incredibly varied, depending on what team you’re in. Our nurses care for patients in our small community hospitals, in care homes, GP surgeries, clinics, and in patients’ homes and community settings.
No matter where you work, you’ll be delivering a high standard of care to patients across Norfolk. We regularly recruit for nursing roles in Norwich, King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth, Thetford and other regions in Norfolk.
Here’s what you could be doing when you apply for one of our nursing vacancies…
- Visiting patients and families in their community environment to provide care, or providing care in a clinical setting
- Assessing the healthcare needs of patients
- Developing and implementing care plans
- Completing patient records
- Communicating relevant information sensitively to patients, families, and carers
- Liaising with GPs, social services, inpatient teams, other allied health professionals, and the voluntary sector to provide coordinated care for patients
- Working within the integrated team to facilitate early discharge from hospital
- Working within the integrated team to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital
- Specialising in an area of care such as palliative, long-term conditions, diabetes management, heart failure or other
In return, NCH&C is proud to be an employer of choice for nursing jobs in Norfolk, offering competitive salary, pension, and annual leave allowance. NHS staff are eligible for a range of offers and discounts from many high-street stores and national organisations.
Staff wellbeing is a top priority for us at NCH&C. We have a dedicated wellbeing team who ensure staff can access any support and resources they need to stay happy and healthy. This includes access to counselling, MSK physio, support for staff going through the menopause, and more.
NHS nursing jobs: skills and qualifications
- Diploma or 1st level degree
- RN Qualification
- Current NMC registration
- Full and valid drivers’ license
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Able to provide high standards of care
- Compassionate and tactful
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Basic IT and computer literacy
- Calm under pressure
- Work flexibly to accommodate patient/service needs
- Awareness of community services
We’re always looking for more nurses to join us at NCH&C. We typically advertise roles for experience registered nurses, nursing associates, community nurses and specialist nurses.
Case study: Kirstie Sainsbury-Logan, Out of Hours Nurse
“Don’t be swayed by the notion that you have to work in a hospital before you come into the community. Do what you feel is best for you. There are so many different kinds of nursing posts and not all of them need to be in an acute setting.”