Return to Practice
Return to Practice in Norfolk's community NHS
Are you an Allied Health Professional with a lapsed registration?
Return to Practice with NCH&C.
Health Education England’s Return to Practice scheme allows AHPs who have been off the HCPC register for two or more years to return to the register.
Whether you took time out for a career break, a career change, or if life simply got in the way, NCH&C can help you restore your lapsed registration and return to practice. We can offer support with the process, and provide supervised practice placements so you can gain the relevant skills and knowledge to meet the re-registration requirements of the HCPC
NCH&C’s Return to Practice Programme
- When: Now! You can start as soon as you’re ready.
- Where: Across Norfolk
- Cost: £0. Returners can even claim up to £800 for out-of-pocket expenses to undertake supervised practice and to put towards formal or informal study
- Open to:
- All former HCPC registrants who live in England and plan to return to work in England once returned to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) register.
- Those who have gained a UK HCPC approved programme more than 5 years ago and have never been registered and never practised.
- Registrants who remained on the HCPC register for more than two years but have not practised and consider themselves to be out of practice.
- Visit the Health Education England website for full details
- Duration: Up to 2 years
The Return to Practice programme allows you to refresh your professional skills and knowledge, while working under the supervision of a registered AHP. As part of the team, you’ll benefit from our in-house professional education and be able to access many specialist clinical areas to meet your individual learning needs. By the time you have completed your placement, you’ll be ready to pick up where you left off and practice as a registered AHP.
If you have been out of practice for 2-5 years, you’ll need complete 30 days of updating within two years. If you have been out of practice for 5+ years, this increases to 60 days.
Why Norfolk Community Health & Care?
NCH&C is a supportive employer, committed to helping registered professionals pick up their career and return to practice.
During your Return to Practice placement, you’ll meet regularly with your line manager to discuss your progress and track your learning. Most people can comfortably complete the programme within the two-year period, allowing you to take the learning at a pace that suits you.
NCH&C is proud to be an employer of choice for AHPs in Norfolk, offering:
- Flexible working patterns, allowing you to fit work around your life (not the other way round!)
- A good mix of teamwork and independence
- A rewarding career, working closely with patients and their carers and families
- Plenty of training and career development opportunities
- Competitive salary with generous NHS pension
- On-site gyms
- Wellbeing support for staff
- National perks and discounts for NHS staff
To enquire about NCH&C’s Return to Practice programme, please email RtP@nchc.nhs.uk for an informal chat.