It is essential that we take every effort to support the physical and mental wellbeing of our workforce, to enable staff to stay healthy and protect themselves, colleagues, patients and families.
How are you?
NCH&C’s greatest asset is our people. The Wellbeing of our staff has never been an optional extra, and we continue to build on our already comprehensive core Health and Wellbeing offer. Recognising that the challenge of maintaining staff wellbeing will be a long term one, we have established an internal Health and Wellbeing Strategy. For more information on this contact email@example.com
Internal staff at NCH&C have the benefit of several different Wellbeing offerings on our intranet, The Loop. These include –
- 2 new online hubs for Financial and Mental wellbeing, ensuring staff have dedicated resources to support them during difficult periods in their lives
- Financial support such as Wagestream, an App which gives you a variety of financial wellbeing benefits, including how to track and save your money, and the option to instantly access a percentage of your own pay for a flat fee of £1.75, without needing to wait for payday
- Vita Health Group support services for all staff, offering unlimited access to a 24 hour support and advice line, every day of the year.
- The opportunity for staff to talk about their thoughts and experiences via staff blogs, the trust podcast Take a Moment with NCH&C, and our bi annual staff wellbeing magazine
- Support for staff and leaders with Wellbeing Conversations, to ensure our staff have access to practical and emotional support tools.
The latest edition of our Wellbeing Briefing is out now to support our staff during the summer months. You can read the briefing here.
Wellbeing workshop for leaders
Over the past few months, all our leaders have attended a one day workshop to enable them to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to create and maintain a culture of wellbeing within our teams and our trust.
Following the successful completion of these workshops, we’re sharing some highlights of how our staff like to look after their wellbeing outside of work. A huge thank you to Strategic Finance manager Alan Dawson, Tissue Viability Development Nurse Donna Todd, Governance and Compliance Support Kate Robinson, Out of Hours Community Staff Nurse Moses Tinuoye and North Team Manager David Leaper for sharing their Health and Wellbeing tips with us.
We Care Microsite
We have developed an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion microsite to celebrate our people and the cultural diversity that makes us a community trust.
On the site you can find stories and real lived experiences from our staff, information about how we support our staff who are carers, glossaries and support documents and much more.
You can visit the site here.
The latest edition of the EDI newsletter (dedicated to inclusion at NCH&C) is out now.
Created by EDI Advisor Mercy Kaggwa, and with contributions from staff from across the trust, this bi-annual publication will support personal development and cultural understanding of how a diverse community can positively impact our lives.
In this special flipping book you will find articles, discussions, a quiz, stories from colleagues and spotlights on various Inclusion initiatives at the trust. Published in March and September you will always find a safe space with Equality, Diversity and Me.