NCH&C celebrates outstanding staff who REACH for the stars
We held our Recognition of Excellence and Achievement in Community Healthcare (REACH) Awards on Thursday 7 March, to recognise the dedication, skill and commitment our staff show to patients and colleagues across Norfolk and Suffolk.
With 17 awards, individuals and teams who work in both clinical and business services settings were acknowledged for going above and beyond in the call of duty.
Each winner was presented with a trophy by Karl Minns, comedy writer for TV, radio, stage, print and sketch duo The Nimmo Twins, during a ceremony at Holiday Inn, Norwich North..
The finalists were chosen from an incredible volume of nominations from staff and patients. The winners were:
- Emerging Talent – Rebecca Russell, Community Nurse
- Apprentice of the Year – Giusy Angelini, Commercial and Business Development Apprentice
- Excellence Award – Clinical – Annette Paul, Continence Service Lead
- Excellence Award – Business Services – Steven Worley, Procurement Improvement and Development Manager
- Innovation Award – Clinical – Louise Gilbert, Advanced Specialist Physiotherapist ESD for Stroke Norfolk
- Innovation Award – Business Services – Adam Fisher, Procurement Systems Manager and Luke Moore, Project Manager
- Partnership Working (Sponsored by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust Charitable Fund) – Children’s Services – Service & Clinical Leads
- Inspirational Leader (Sponsored by Vision Logistics) – Fai de Main, Integrated Team Manager
- Mentor of the Year – Claire Mallet, Community Nurse
- Team of the Year – Clinical – Wheelchair Assessment Team
- Team of the Year – Business Services – The Temporary Worker Service
- Volunteer of the Year (Sponsored by Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust Charitable Fund) – Dianne Palmer and Carol Brawn, Patient Assessors for PLACE
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Sponsored by Birketts) – Caroline Copping, Housekeeper
- Unsung Hero Award – Donna Todd, Community Assistant Practitioner
- Patient Choice Award – Community Neurology Team (West Norfolk)
- CEO Award – Liz Gard, Charge Nurse
- Chair’s Award – Rosie Miller, Community Rehab
Anna Morgan, Director of Nursing and Quality, was also awarded a Special Recognition Award by NCH&C Chair, Geraldine Broderick for her contribution to enabling NCH&C to become the first community NHS trust in the country to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rating last year.
Chief Executive Josie Spencer said: “I was honoured to be part of such a special evening and the first of such in my post as Chief Executive at NCH&C. It is important to celebrate the talent and commitment of our fantastic staff. Their contribution makes a real difference to the lives of our patients and helps us to be an outstanding organisation.
“Saying ‘thank you’ on behalf of our Trust and on behalf of our patients is vital to ensuring our staff know just how much they are valued.”
Karl Minns said: “It was fantastic to be part of such an inspirational event. I’ve heard so many stories tonight of compassionate community care. It’s been a pleasure to be part of it and I’d like to send my congratulations to all the finalists.”